The Committee on Research, Teaching, Practitioner, & Clinical-Track Faculty Affairs monitors and evaluates the working environment, terms and conditions of employment, job security, compensation, benefits eligibility, opportunities for participation in governance, opportunities for professional advancement, and participation in the academic life of the university provided for non-tenure-track faculty. It monitors compliance with the Faculty Handbook and with stated school policies of the schools or units as they relate to Non-Tenure-Track faculty. It makes recommendations to relevant Senate and University committees, and to the Academic Senate, concerning any policy issues that have an impact on non-tenure-track faculty.
Membership will include primarily research, teaching, practitioner, and clinical-track faculty, as well as one member from each of the following committees: Part-Time Faculty Affairs and Tenured and Tenure-Track Faculty Affairs.
Meetings: Contact committee chair for the date/locations of the committee meetings.
Specific Charge for 2018-2019 Academic Year
The RTPCFAC plans to gather information about existing school-level practices throughout USC and to develop recommendations for University-wide policies. Additionally, monitoring of working conditions and compliance with existing policies remains a significant part of the committee’s ongoing efforts.
- Salary benchmarking: Compensation remains a major concern for many RTPC faculty, and has significant equity and diversity implications given that RTPC tracks contain a disproportionate number of USC’s female faculty and faculty of color.
- Salary compression: While new salary floors are intended to benefit newly-hired faculty, they have brought attention to the concern that some longer-serving RTPC faculty earn salaries only barely above (and potentially below) those of less-experienced colleagues within the same schools.
- RTPC titles and tracks: Some schools reportedly have titles and tracks in place that unreasonably extend the amount of time required to become eligible for promotion to the Associate Professor rank.
T. J. McCarthy (Co-Chair) – email@example.com
Myka Winder (Co-Chair) – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Juan Carlos Araque, email@example.com, Social Work
- Susan Bain, firstname.lastname@example.org, School of Pharmacy
- Michael Bodie, email@example.com, Cinematic Arts
- Jean-Marie Bouteiller, firstname.lastname@example.org, Viterbi School
- Benjamin Emanuel, email@example.com, Keck School
- Amber Foster, firstname.lastname@example.org, Dornsife College
- Sean Friar, email@example.com, Thornton School
- Yijia Guo, firstname.lastname@example.org, Marshall School
- Cindy Guyer, email@example.com, Gould School
- Brandi Jones, firstname.lastname@example.org, Viterbi School
- Burton Marcus, email@example.com, Emeriti Center
- T.J. McCarthy (Co-Chair), firstname.lastname@example.org, Sol Price School of Public Policy
- Lynda McGinnis, email@example.com, Keck/OB/Gyn
- Rushabh Modi, firstname.lastname@example.org, Keck School
- Michael Rank, email@example.com, Social Work
- Jill Sohm, firstname.lastname@example.org, Dornsife College
- Trisha Tucker (EB Liaison), email@example.com, Dornsife College
- Myka Winder (Co-Chair), firstname.lastname@example.org, Ostrow School
- Lance Winkel, email@example.com, Viterbi School
- Randy Beatty (TTTFAC Co-Chair), firstname.lastname@example.org, Marshall/Leventhal School
- Sharon Cermak (TTTFAC Co-Chair), email@example.com, Herman Ostrow School
- Patricia Libby (PTFAC Chair), firstname.lastname@example.org, Gould School
- Elisa Warford (PTFAC Co-Chair), email@example.com, Engineering Writing Program, Viterbi School
- 2018-2019 RTPCFAC Year-End Report
- 2018-2019 RTPCFAC White Paper on Salary Benchmarking
- 2017-2018 RTPCFAC Year-End Report
- 2016-2017 RTPC Year End Report
- 2015-2016 RTPC White Paper FINAL
- RTPC 2015-2016 Mid-year Report
- 2014-2015 CNTTFA Final report 5-4-15
- 2013-2014 CNTTFA Final report
- 2012-2013 CNTTFA Final report
- 2011-2012 CNTTFA Final report
- 2009 White Paper NTT Exemplars 05 15 2009