The Committee on Research, Teaching, Practitioner, & Clinical-Track Faculty Affairs monitors and evaluates the working environment, terms and conditions of employment, job security, compensation, benefits eligibility, opportunities for participation in governance, opportunities for professional advancement, and participation in the academic life of the university provided for non-tenure-track faculty. It monitors compliance with the Faculty Handbook and with stated school policies of the schools or units as they relate to Non-Tenure-Track faculty. It makes recommendations to relevant Senate and University committees, and to the Academic Senate, concerning any policy issues that have an impact on non-tenure-track faculty.
Membership will include primarily research, teaching, practitioner, and clinical-track faculty, as well as one member from each of the following committees: Part-Time Faculty Affairs and Tenured and Tenure-Track Faculty Affairs.
Meetings: Contact committee chair for the date/locations of the committee meetings.
Specific Charge for 2019-2020 Academic Year
- Examining whether RTPC are getting clear workload profiles and whether this is tracking through merit reviews and promotions; whether these policies are clearly articulated; and whether they are clearly implemented.
- Continuing last year’s salary benchmarking work, as compensation continues to be a major concern for many RTPC faculty and has significant equity and diversity implications given that RTPC tracks contain a disproportionate number of USC’s female faculty and faculty of color.
T. J. McCarthy (Co-Chair) – firstname.lastname@example.org
Amy Cannon (Co-Chair) – email@example.com
- Brent Blair (EB Liaison), firstname.lastname@example.org, Dramatic Arts School
- Michael Bodie, email@example.com, Cinematic Arts School
- Jean-Marie Bouteiller, firstname.lastname@example.org, Viterbi School
- Amy Cannon (Co-Chair) – email@example.com, Dornsife College
- Laura Castaneda, firstname.lastname@example.org, Annenberg School
- Thomas Cummings (TTTFAC Co-chair), email@example.com, Marshall School
- Reyes Enciso, firstname.lastname@example.org, Ostrow School
- Elizabeth Fife, email@example.com, Viterbi School
- Amber Foster, firstname.lastname@example.org, Dornsife College
- Sean Friar, email@example.com, Thornton School
- Yijia Guo, firstname.lastname@example.org, Marshall School
- Velina Hasu Houston (TTTFAC Co-chair), email@example.com, Dramatic Arts School
- Julianna Kirschner (PTFAC Co-chair), firstname.lastname@example.org, Annenberg School
- Janice Liebler, email@example.com, Keck School of Medicine
- Courtney Malloy, firstname.lastname@example.org, Rossier School of Education
- T.J. McCarthy (Co-Chair), email@example.com, Sol Price School
- Lynda McGinnis, firstname.lastname@example.org, Keck School
- Jill Sohm, email@example.com, Dornsife College
- Elisa Warford (PTFAC Co-Chair), firstname.lastname@example.org, Viterbi School
- Naomi Warren, email@example.com, Marshall School
- 2019-2020 RTPCFAC Year-End Report
- 2018-2019 RTPCFAC Year-End Report
- 2018-2019 RTPCFAC White Paper on Salary Benchmarking
- 2017-2018 RTPCFAC Year-End Report
- 2016-2017 RTPC Year End Report
- 2015-2016 RTPC White Paper FINAL
- RTPC 2015-2016 Mid-year Report
- 2014-2015 CNTTFA Final report 5-4-15
- 2013-2014 CNTTFA Final report
- 2012-2013 CNTTFA Final report
- 2011-2012 CNTTFA Final report
- 2009 White Paper NTT Exemplars 05 15 2009