The University Committee on Research shall periodically review and make recommendations concerning policies and issues relating to the conduct and support of faculty research. This shall include, but not be limited to, services provided to scholars by the administrative units of the University. The Committee shall also provide liaison to the following University committees: University Libraries Committee and Information Services Committee.
Meetings: Contact committee chair for the date/locations of the committee meetings.
Specific Charge for 2019-2020 Academic Year
This year, the Research Committee is considering how USC can better promote faculty engagement in a vibrant, interactive research culture. Meetings will rotate between HSC and UPC campuses to encourage broad participation by our research constituencies. The goals of the committee are: (i) Creation and guidance and policies related to unpaid visiting scholars, students and faculty at USC (ii) Review of updates to USC’s policy on research misconduct (iii) Review updates to USC’s policies pertaining to laboratory safety.
Feedback, comments, and questions can be addressed to the Committee leadership.
Travis Williams (Chair), email@example.com, Dornsife College
- Shafiqa Ahmadi (EB Liason), firstname.lastname@example.org , Rossier School
- John Carpten, email@example.com, Keck School
- Laura Ferguson, firstname.lastname@example.org, Keck School
- Sarah Feakins, email@example.com, Dornsife College
- Genevieve Giuliano, firstname.lastname@example.org, Sol Price School
- Jonathan Gratch, email@example.com, Viterbi School
- Assal Habibi, firstname.lastname@example.org, Dornsife College
- Mary Lawlor, email@example.com, Ostrow School
- Naomi Levine, firstname.lastname@example.org, Dornsife College
- Noah Malmstadt, email@example.com, Viterbi School
- Krishna Nayak, firstname.lastname@example.org, Viterbi School
- Emily Putnam-Hornstein, email@example.com, School of Social Work
- Susan Taylor, firstname.lastname@example.org, Gould School
- Travis Williams (Chair), email@example.com, Dornsife College
2016-2017 Summary Report
2015-2016 Final Report/Resolutions
- International Collaborations and Export Controls
- Reproducibility report
- Proposed Resolution 15_16_05 Reproducibility
- Mid-year Report 2015
- Final Reports 2014-2015
- Research Committee 2013-2014
- Research Committee 2012-2013
- Research Committee 2011-2012 Final Report
- Research Committee 2009-2010 Final Report
- Research Committee 2008-2009 Final Report