The University Committee on Research shall periodically review and make recommendations concerning policies and issues relating to the conduct and support of faculty research. This shall include, but not be limited to, services provided to scholars by the administrative units of the University. The Committee shall also provide liaison to the following University committees: University Libraries Committee and Information Services Committee.
Meetings: Contact committee chair for the date/locations of the committee meetings.
Specific Charge for 2018-2019 Academic Year
This year, the Research Committee is considering how USC can better promote faculty engagement in a vibrant, interactive research culture. Meetings will rotate between HSC and UPC campuses to encourage broad participation by our research constituencies. The goals of the committee are to (i) identify current challenges to building a uniform culture of research excellence at USC, and (ii) identify potential solutions to these challenges, for the Provost’s office to consider in their funding initiatives.
Feedback, comments, and questions can be addressed to the Committee leadership.
Andy McMahon (Co-Chair), firstname.lastname@example.org
Michelle Povinelli (Co-Chair), email@example.com
Suzanne Wenzel (Co-Chair), firstname.lastname@example.org
John Wood (Co-Chair), email@example.com
- Estela Bensimon, firstname.lastname@example.org, Rossier
- Kelvin Davies, email@example.com, Davis School of Gerontology
- Genevieve Giuliano, firstname.lastname@example.org, Sol Price
- Jonathan Gratch, email@example.com, Viterbi
- Mary Lawlor, firstname.lastname@example.org, Ostrow
- Naomi Levine, email@example.com, Dornsife
- Andy McMahon (Co-Chair), firstname.lastname@example.org, Keck School
- Michelle Povinelli (Co-Chair), email@example.com, Viterbi
- Suzanne Wenzel, firstname.lastname@example.org, Suzanne Dworak-Peck School Social Work
- John Wood (Co-Chair), email@example.com, Keck School
2016-2017 Summary Report
2015-2016 Final Report/Resolutions
- International Collaborations and Export Controls
- Reproducibility report
- Proposed Resolution 15_16_05 Reproducibility
- Mid-year Report 2015
- Final Reports 2014-2015
- Research Committee 2013-2014
- Research Committee 2012-2013
- Research Committee 2011-2012 Final Report
- Research Committee 2009-2010 Final Report
- Research Committee 2008-2009 Final Report