The University Committee on Research shall periodically review and make recommendations concerning policies and issues relating to the conduct and support of faculty research. This shall include, but not be limited to, services provided to scholars by the administrative units of the University. The Committee shall also provide liaison to the following University committees: University Libraries Committee and Information Services Committee.
Meetings: Contact committee chair for the date/locations of the committee meetings.
Specific Charge for 2020 – 2021 Academic Year
This year, as a key strategic advisory group on University’s research, the URC focus on the following issue: (i) Launching strategic efforts to enrich the culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion in the USC research community (ii) Building cooperative relationships between USC researchers and stakeholders who manage how the university meets its obligations to research funding organizations (iii) Developing a culture in which transparency, especially regarding potential conflicts and intellectual property, is a shared responsibility
The committee will also address other issues as circumstances and the members’ interests call for.
Feedback, comments, and questions can be addressed to the Committee leadership.
Noah Malmstadt (Chair), firstname.lastname@example.org, Viterbi School/Chemical Engineering
- Ben Carrington (EB liaison), email@example.com, Annenberg School
- Carl Castro, firstname.lastname@example.org, Suzanne Dworak-Peck School
- Darnell Cole, email@example.com, Rossier/Higher Education
- Juan De Lara, firstname.lastname@example.org, Dornsife/American Studies
- Laura Ferguson, email@example.com, Keck School
- Mercedeh Khajavikhan, firstname.lastname@example.org, Viterbi/EE/Electrophysics
- Mary Lawlor, email@example.com, Ostrow/OT
- Lavonna Lewis, firstname.lastname@example.org, Sol Price School
- Noah Malmstadt (Chair), email@example.com, Viterbi School/Chemical Eng’g.
- Sergio Sanudo-Wilhelmy, firstname.lastname@example.org, Dornsife/Marine Environmental Biology
- Eduardo Tinoco, email@example.com, USC Libraries
- Clay Wang, firstname.lastname@example.org, Pharmacy/Pharmacology & Pharmaceutical Sciences
2016-2017 Summary Report
2015-2016 Final Report/Resolutions
- International Collaborations and Export Controls
- Reproducibility report
- Proposed Resolution 15_16_05 Reproducibility
- Mid-year Report 2015
- Final Reports 2014-2015
- Research Committee 2013-2014
- Research Committee 2012-2013
- Research Committee 2011-2012 Final Report
- Research Committee 2009-2010 Final Report
- Research Committee 2008-2009 Final Report