The Committee on Academic Senate History will examine the history of the Academic Senate over time, and will identify and record the role of faculty in the governance of the University. It will work with Senate Presidents at the beginning of their term to examine whether and how the goals of each President have been addressed by past Senates, so that effective strategies can be identified and work is not duplicative. This committee will provide a brief report on the impact of the Senate activities on the governance of the university each year, as well as how the work of the current Senate has built upon or related to the work of Senates past.
Specific Charge for 2020-2021 Academic Year
In addition to its standing charge, this year’s committee will develop a framework and workplan for achieving President Folt’s stated goal of documenting the history of racism, discrimination, and anti-racism at USC.
Meetings: Contact committee chair for the date/locations of the committee meetings.
Robert V. Labaree (Co-Chair) – email@example.com
George Sanchez (Co-Chair) – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Robert Labaree (Co-Chair), email@example.com, USC Libraries
- George Sanchez (Co-Chair), firstname.lastname@example.org, Dornsife
- Shafiqa Ahmadi, email@example.com, Rossier School
- Ariela Gross, firstname.lastname@example.org, Gould School
- Selma Holo, email@example.com, Fisher Museum of Art
- Robert Israel, firstname.lastname@example.org, Keck School
- Lon Kurashige, email@example.com, Dornsife
- Steve Ross, firstname.lastname@example.org, Dornsife
- Claude Zachary, email@example.com, USC Libraries
- Dan Pecchenino (EB Liaison), firstname.lastname@example.org, Dornsife